Thursday, June 30, 2011

May/June Update

I swear every time I start "working" on myself...something goes wrong.
Finished Crossfit's "On-Ramp" mid-April. The last 2 weeks of April were just too busy that I couldnt make it in as often as I liked.

May - had a weekend getaway to San Fran with two of my fave gals, Z & MinhTri! The weather wasn't too bad. Windy sunshine...at least it didn't rain!
We walked around the Wharf, explored Saulsalito (cute town btw), and checked out some touristy sites like Alamo Park (Full House), and the crooked street, and Fisherman's Wharf. We HAD TO GO to Thanh Long's. Last time I was brought there, I was too sick to enjoy the food.
So this time around, the Roast Crab and Garlic Butter Noodles were AWESOME!!!


After a weekend of drinking and eating, I planned on getting myself back into running, going to practices and playing in our flag football games, and Crossfit at least 3x a week.
Well, I went to practice. We scrimmaged with another team that was on the field.
I got tackled. HARD. So hard I blacked out for a few seconds before I came to. The inside of my bottom lip had my bloddy teethprints. Headache from hell. Bruised kneecap. Aching neck and back.

Went to my Chiro and PT, and boy was I off. So....all activitiy put on hold till body was healed.
Ugh.

So no activity in May. Just PT and Chiro.
I decided no more football for me. I'd rather just run more and hit the gym than risk getting blindsided like that again.

So now comes June....
and my PT/Chiro give me the go ahead to start up my workouts. FINALLY.
To get myself on the right track, I put myself on a 7 week Paleo Challenge and get to my "box" 3-5 times a week. If work allows, I run 3-4 miles during lunch time. I wouldn't do this if there weren't showers on campus!

There are quite a few celebrations in June where I go Faileo...but that just means I worked extra hard to make up for eating bad:

First Saturday...Lijee's 9th Bday

Second Saturday...Elsie & Sheila's Graduation @ UW. Traffic was a b*tch!

Third Saturday...Valerie's Baby Shower.

Fourth Saturday...BDAY BBQ up in Everett (an MS colleague)- Pick up B from Edmonds train station - head to his sister's in Bothell to hang out with J and finish the give-aways for Made's baptism.
Last Sunday...Madelyne's Baptism - Reception at Thai Kitchen. Continue the party and more eating at sleepy Zamora house till it's time to bring J to the airport. =(



Considering there were a number of Faileo weekends in June, within the first 3 weeks of starting the challenge I dropped 5 lbs. and 1.25" from my waist =) Woohoo!
So far so good....and no injuries/sickness. Yet...
June was still pretty hectic with graduations, parties, and especially work. BUT...I somehow managed to find time to make it to Crossfit at least 4 times a week and I am loving how it makes me feel!

No comments: