Sunday, July 17, 2011

Busy July so far....

Fourth of July weekend....
Saturday was Elsie's Grad Party in the afternoon, then David's last summer BBQ at his Issy pad for the rest of the evening....

Sunday was spent at Keith and MinhTri's place. A little pre-4th get together to just eat, hangout, and catch up =)

On the way home, we stopped by Sunset Hills Memorial in Bellevue to check out the Traveling Vietnam Wall Memorial. The Opening Ceremony was at 1pm. We didn't arrive till after 10pm, and volunteers were still reading off the names of all the soldier's on the wall.

When you hear the history of the war, you're told that "thousands of lives were lost"....
But it wasn't until seeing this wall and all the names engraved on it that it really hit me just how many. How many families lost a son/daughter. A husband/wife. A father/mother. A friend.
Yes, majority of the names are those of men. But what many may not realize is that there were also military women who died in the Vietnam War. Someone even left a list of canines that were lost in the war as well.

4th of July we stayed in and rested since the rest of the weekend was spent not at home =P
We did walk down to the Commons to at least catch the fireworks show.

July 8 was Bring Your Daughter and Son to Work Day. I brought my nephews again. This year we did Geocaching, decorated sugar cookies, and Lijee played this soccer kick thing a couple times - all stuff the boys didn't do last year.
And of course they played computer and video games over at the Visitor Center and bought goodies at the Company Store. =)


That Saturday was a busy one! Woke up early for my last Chiro appt., then headed to MinhTri's early so I could make my pasta salad dish to bring up to Lake Steven's for Kathy's Bridal Shower.
Thank you Captain Dennis for hosting Ms. Kat's shower at your beautiful home! And of course for letting us play on your jet skis and driving us around the lake on your awesome boat.
Can't wait to play on the lake again. This time we'll bring some testosterone for you to hang out with! LoL


Into the second week of July. Went to Crossfit Monday and Tuesday....still on a good streak!
Or so I thought.

Woke up Wednesday feeling "off." I planned on making it to the 630pm WOD then planned on heading over to Gena's to BBQ and catch SYTYCD. But I was feeling really fatigued for some reason. So I decided to just go home and rest. I ended up passing out.

Thursday, I wake up with a slight pain in my right side and lower back. And it's not the same kind of pain you would feel from sleeping in a bad position. =\
As the day progresses, the pain gets worse. Again, I feel fatigued by the end of my day.
Pain + fatigue = no crossfit. Again.
Ugh.

Friday...the pain is just bad. Every movement. Every deep breath. Hurts. Thank goodness my Dr. had an opening in the afternoon.
Gave a urine sample. They found traces of blood. Great.
So they drew blood to run some tests to see if I have a kidney infection. Left the Dr.'s with a prescription for antibiotics IF I have an infection.
Doctor's orders? Take my meds. Drink lots of water. Heat pack 4x a day. And REST. Rest from working out. And recommended I NOT do Warrior Dash.

Dammit =\

Well, Saturday came and my side still hurts. Certain movements still hurt. I know I SHOULD rest and let my body heal (whatever the heck is wrong with it), but......
I really want to do this Dash!
So....I pop 1000mg of ibuprofen first thing in the morning to see if it helps with the pain. And it does! Well...enough for me to be active without wincing in pain.

On the way to North Bend, the pain in my side starts coming back. So I wait till we get closer till I pop another 1000mg of ibuprofen. I know this is probably not good for my kidneys but...
I don't want to back out.

And I'm glad I didn't. The dash was a blast! We started together...we ended together. =)
Here's some pictures, but you can see more here.


The other's got to rest when they got home, but not me I had Kathy's bachelorette party to get to! I missed dinner, but I wanted to at least make it out to the bar hopping part.

Although there's been so many Faileo eating weekends, I have kept up on the no drinking part.
So....this was a sober night for me. But we kept Kathy nice and tipsy at least =)

I met up with the girls at Lucky Strike. Then MinhTri and I headed downstairs to McCormick's to get some coffee in her. Headed back to Lucky Strike to find that 3 of the girls called it a night and left. So the four of us left headed over and ended the night at Munch Bar/Dueling Piano Bar.

Two more weeks till the big day!!!


Since I pumped my body with too many drugs Saturday and did not rest as I should have, I'm feeling the after math. Pain is lingering. Ugh. So today....I really do rest.
I've been laying on my butt all day. I haven't cooked. Haven't cleaned. Nada.
I hate being unproductive. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate lazy days. But...I don't like doing that ALL DAY. But, I think I need to.
Two days left of meds. And sooner I can make myself feel better...the sooner I can get my butt back at the Box!

There's 3 more runs/challenges to do this year, so I need to get my butt back in gear!:

Oct 1: Hell Run


Who wants to play?!


No comments: